Staying Fit Beyond February
by: Christie Bartlett, Guest Writer
Keeping up with a fitness and healthy eating routine while keeping a busy lifestyle is definitely hectic. Even if you have fallen off the wagon with your fitness plan, it is never too late to jump back on. If you are like me, a working mom with two kids, you understand how little time there is left for staying fit. To help you utilize the spare time you have for continuing your fitness and nutritional plan, consider the following tips:
1. Keep fresh fruit within sight on the countertop or kitchen table and hide sweets, or just don’t buy them at all! Seeing healthy food is a good reminder that you can make a healthy choice when you are craving snacks. Also, keep fresh veggies cut in airtight containers in the fridge for another healthy, quick snack.
2. Make a 12-week fitness and nutritional goal and track your progress week-to-week to staying fit beyond February. It is much more motivational when you actually see yourself making progress! Break this 12-week goal down into 12 weekly goals that include a reward for meeting each goal. For example, if your fitness goal is to increase the intensity of your workout and your nutritional goal is to only eat dessert twice that week, reward yourself with a new book or movie that you have been wanting. It’s the little things that make us happy when we are pushing ourselves very hard.
3. When making plans, plan your fitness and nutritional goals for the week and not just on a day-to-day basis. This way you are not scrounging for a plan when time doesn’t permit for those emergency moments such as “Mom, I’m hungry!” or the baby-needs-a -diaper-change, right when you were ready to plan today’s fitness program or nutritional menu. Use break time at work to create your weekly plan or ask for some help with the kids for half an hour to get your plan laid out.
4. Keepin’ it Cool: If possible, make meals that you can freeze. Having premade meals that you only have to pop in the microwave or stick in a preheated oven will save a lot of meal preparation time throughout the week. It is best to prepare multiple freezer meals at a time, which ultimately makes clean up a onetime event instead of several by preparing separate meals all week. Staying fit can be a little easier with pre-planned meals.
5. Try to work out early in the morning before the kids wake up, or in some cases, after the kids go to bed. It can be stressful having the kids interrupt your workout.
For the original post, go here: Staying Fit Beyond February PDF
Join the Vegan Challenge to make sure you are Staying Fit beyond February! It makes all 5 of these tips perfectly easy to follow!
Contact Me for More Info: