How Do I Get Rid of Sugar Cravings?
Getting to the Bottom of This Common Craving
Find out if you have the hidden condition that causes sugar cravings and endless health problems. Get answers to your questions "Why do I have sugar cravings?" and "How Do I get Rid of Sugar Cravings?" with a vegan candida diet. The health issue I am going to talk about today is the leading cause of sugar cravings.
Here is a list of symptoms that you may have this condition:
· Nail fungus or athlete’s foot
· Craving alcohol or sugar
· Bloating, constipation, diarrhea, IBS, gas, leaky gut, or other digestive issues
· Having an autoimmune disease
· Having symptoms of ADHD/ADD
· brain fog upon waking up
· poor memory
· irritability, mood swings, anxiety, depression
· seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, skin rashes
· vaginal or prostate infections; itching
· severe skin allergies to fabrics, seasonal allergies
· hormone imbalances
If any of those symptoms apply to you, then you might be suffering from Candida Yeast Overgrowth! That's right, Candida Albicans is a naturally occurring yeast in the human body - not just for women, but men, too. You may think of Candida as a female problem, but yeast infections are only one of the many attributes of Candida Yeast Overgrowth. It’s a good idea to try a candida elimination diet if you have symptoms. Here are some risk factors that can lead to this nasty condition:
· being treated with antibiotics on multiple occasions, or long-term use of antibiotics
· consuming dairy products or meats derived from animals treated with antibiotics
· eating a high-sugar diet or highly processed carbohydrates
· having a high stress lifestyle
· taking oral contraceptives
· binge drinking or regular alcohol consumption
· being exposed to molds or chemicals
· consuming toxic metals like Mercury, food chemicals like MSG, or tap water.
Dieting for Candida isn’t something that people typically talk about, and is not something that medical doctors typically will test for either. It might be something for you to bring up to your doctor and ask for testing. Before you follow through with testing, there is a questionnaire you can take to see how likely it is that you do in fact have Candida Albicans.
Most of the information you find online about candida elimination base their foods around meats, poultry, fish, eggs, and even supplements not suitable for vegans or vegetarians. Unfortunately, vegans are given the least flexibility with Candida Elimination diets because we don’t eat animal products and most of us base our meals around starches or fruits, which can give yeast an environment to thrive. So, I’ve decided to put some time into sharing my experience with candida elimination on a plant-based diet. I’ve broken the vegan candida diet / plant-based candida diet into a few phases. If you've been wondering how do I get rid of sugar cravings, then here is how.
First, kill off as much candida as possible within the first week on the diet. The initial phase of this diet is a Candida Cleanse. It includes meals based upon whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables, legumes, and low-sugar fruit. The first week can feel terrible, as there are Candida die-off symptoms (known as the Herxheimer reaction). As miserable as it may feel in the beginning, the more symptoms you experience, the more likely you are actually making progress with eliminating candida.
Here is a list of Herxheimer Reaction symptoms:
· Nausea or vomiting
· Headache, fatigue, dizziness,
· Swollen glands
· Increased joint or muscle pain
· Elevated heart rate (tachycardia)
· irregular heart beats (heart palpitations)
· sweating, fever, or chills
· sinus infections
Surprisingly, a major sign of die-off is worsening symptoms of your typical candida overgrowth:
- stronger sugar cravings
- skin rashes or lesions
- digestive issues
- vaginal or prostate infections
It can be tricky to tell whether or not you are making progress or getting worse, because everyone has different symptoms. The good news is, I can help! Contact me for Nutrition Coaching or stay updated with my blog and you could find more info on a candida elimination cleanse, recipes for fighting candida, and more information on how to combat Candida Albicans while maintaining a plant-based diet for optimal health.
Written by Kelly Gibson
*Disclaimer: I am not a licensed medical professional and am not diagnosing, prescribing a diet, or claiming to treat any illnesses. See my Terms and Conditions for more info.
Need Help Fighting Candida? Contact Me for More Info on my Nutrition Services:
Certified Nutrition Coach & NASM Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer in Phoenix Arizona | Fitness Boot Camps in Tempe Arizona