Hate the taste of plain beans but need more protein? Try this delicious snack:
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 can Canellini beans (or equivalent dried beans, prepared)
- 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup organic strawberry jelly (look for jelly with no sugar added)
It’s this simple… heat up your beans and put in a mixing bowl, add PB&J and stir until evenly mixed together. Tastes amazing! Tip: This is a well-balanced snack for anyone, including kids!
- Total Calories Per Serving of PB&J cannelini: 330
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 8g (mostly unsaturated from PB)
- Carbs: 42.5g
Want more delicious snack ideas like PB&J cannelini? Try our 7-Day Vegan Kickstart!!
Written by Kelly Gibson on November 1, 2014
Contact me for More Info:
Raspberry Sun Tea Recipe
Written by Cheyenne W, blog writer. Sun Tea Recipe by Kelly Gibson.
As we say goodbye to the freezing winter weather of the past few months and say hello to brutal Arizona hot weather, we may be wondering “What is the best drink to cool us off in this blazing heat?” Some of us may spring for cold soft drinks and sugar filled hydration drinks. But these drinks can cause far more harm than good and are often loaded with caffeine which leads to us feeling even more dehydrated than before. They are also full of dyes and other harsh chemicals that can cause health problems both in short term and long term. A much more simple and healthy option to this problem is a refreshing, homemade Raspberry Sun Tea recipe! This delicious raspberry sun tea recipe is great for the famous Arizona heat waves we experience yearly and will leave you feeling quenched without all the harsh chemicals.
Raspberry Sun Tea Recipe over Ice
• Add water to the pitcher.
• Add the bags of tea then set the pitcher in direct sunlight for about 1-2 hours. Alternatively, you may put it in the shade for 5 hours if you are concerned about UV rays.
• Remove the tea bags from the pitcher. Put the raspberries in a medium sized or large bowl and add maple syrup to sweeten them.
• Mash the raspberries completely so they can be easily incorporated.
• Refrigerate immediately, then drink in 1-2 hours; Or, pour the tea immediately into a glass and stir well over ice. Discard after 24 hours or if you notice any syrupy strands in the tea.
This refreshing tea can make even the most blistering of weather more enjoyable. It can be enjoyed be one person or be the main drink at a large gathering of friends and family as an alternative to large boxes of soda and beer that can be filled with calories and chemical dyes. Serve at any occasion that you might want to celebrate or to make a normal day better.
Looking for more refreshing drink recipes? Try one of my vegan recipe plans for juices, smoothies, and more!
Contact Me for More Info:
If you’re looking for the greenest St Patrick’s Day lunch around, try Derek’s Raw Broccoli Soup recipe!
Why Broccoli? Why not. As a Health & Fitness coach, I try to set a good example and tend to break the tradition of eating junk food on holidays and instead eat healthy for every celebration. You’d be surprised how great you’ll feel after celebrating with healthful and raw plant-based foods for a change. Most holiday meals make us feel stuffed, tired, and full of belly aches. Nothing is more fun than trying a new recipe, loving the flavor, and feeling full of energy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3-4 large broccoli florets
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic
- 1/2-3/4 cup of almonds
- 1/8-1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
In a vitamix or food processor, add the almonds with 1/8 cup water to make a “milk”. Then add the garlic cloves and blend til completely smooth. Chop broccoli into smaller chunks so they will blend well in the vitamix. Add broccoli to almond milk mixture. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Add water as needed to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy your raw broccoli soup!!
Recipe by: Derek McDonald. Try Kelly’s Meanest Greenest Juice recipe for breakfast & John’s Vegan Loaf for dinner this St. Patty’s Day.
Want More Raw Vegan Recipes? Contact Me for Info on my Online Nutrition or Training Programs:
Article by: Kelly Gibson, Plant-Based Nutrition Coach and Vegan Personal Trainer at Kelly Athletics LLC in Tempe, AZ 85283; near Scottsdale, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, and Phoenix!