How To Overcome a Weight Loss Plateau
Are you constantly exercising, dieting, and still can’t get past your weight loss plateau?!
Here are some tips on how to manage this:
1. Weight gain does not mean fat gain. Assess the food you are eating because calories are not always the cause of weight gain. Sometimes bloating can come from too much sodium, or being a bit constipated or backed up. If you eat more whole foods and less processed foods, you can reduce your sodium intake and increase fiber intake to flush out the added weight rather quickly.
2. Nutrients you are getting – are you missing something from your diet? take multivitamin or supplement if you are lacking.
3. How much water do you drink? If you are dehydrated you can easily overeat or your body will hold more sodium, again creating a bloated unhappy feeling with potential weight gain. Cleansing can help get rid of toxins, so drink your water at every meal and consider a 3-day Shakeology Cleanse or Thisilyn Cleanse. (I have had positive results with both of these, but no I do not sell them).
4. Take multiple measurements – body fat %, circumference measurements, and the scale. Don’t always rely on one number because you could making improvements in one place and not another! The scale is sometimes a false reading of your true progress and can make you think you are getting fat when you are actually losing fat, holding water and/or building muscle.
5. How hard are you working? Increase the intensity of your workouts to burn fat faster, such as high intensity interval training or HIIT workouts. Lifting heavier weights can also increase your metabolism for up to 36 hours. Walking or jogging for an hour can be a waste of time if you aren’t burning fat. If you want to know why click here.
Written by Kelly Gibson on November 30, 2012
Contact Me for More Info:
Comment with how you plan to fight through your next weight loss plateau!
Kelly Athletics LLC: NASM Certified Personal Trainer | Tempe Arizona | Mesa Personal Training | Tempe Boot Camps | Boot Camp Classes in Arizona | AZ Fitness Trainer | Exercises for Women | Workouts for Fat Loss | How to Burn Fat | Easy Exercises for Weight Loss | Vegan Diets and Plant Based Dieting | Vegan Nutrition | Am I Lacking Nutrients on a vegan diet | Overcome Weight Loss Plateau | Cleanse and Detox | Former Team Beachbody Coach 2012 | Need more help with your diet? Try Nutrition Coaching today!